Does Google hate Romanian or just Internet Explorer ??




Google translate, using "state-of-the-art technology" which "achieved very good results in research evaluations", sometimes screws things up really, really bad.
Just try this little piece of text:
I use Internet Explorer
I use Google Browser

The Romanian translation you get is:
Nu utilizaţi Internet Explorer (this means "do not use Internet Explorer")
Eu folosesc browser-ul Google (this is translated OK, of course)

The really funny part is that the translation is OK in any other language I can understand (French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish). Please let me know if the translation is OK or not in other languages.

1 comments:

Anonim spunea...

Da, intradevar :)) .Vad ca le ai cu engleza, bravo tie. Da mai baga si tu putina romana, sau un link de translare a paginii. Si eu patesc la fel la translare. Si traducerea corecta la "I use Internet Explorer" ar fi "Eu folosesc Internet Explorer" , nici de cum Nu folositi!


In english: :D

Yes, indeed:)). I see that you have with English, good for you. And you can put at the blog some Romanian, or a link for Translation to the page. And the correct translation of "I use Internet Explorer" would be "Eu folosesc Internet Explorer"